Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A Tale of Three Ribolittas

A couple of years ago, I wrote about one of my favorite Italian soups, ribollita. Back in Tuscany recently for a visit, I had the chance to enjoy it three times.


The first was in Siena. Mostly beans and bread, it was more a stew than a soup. Okay, I guess, but...

 

The next was in a little wine bar down the street from our hotel in Radda in Chianti. Ah, this is more like it! Lots of veggies and plenty of broth even after the chunks of bread were soaked through.

 

The last was in a restaurant in a back street in San Gimignano. Nearly perfect!
 

Now I can't wait for the weather to get cool enough in Memphis to have another go at it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Now you have me craving for one. They look delicious!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this Foodista widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about Ribolittas, Thanks!