Thursday, January 07, 2010

A Great Chicken Roaster Pan!

For one of our wedding presents, we got an All Clad chicken roaster. I had seen this in a Williams-Sonoma catalog, and couldn't wait to try it out. Following instructions, I pushed the chicken over the rack (which, incidentally, has a little cup to hold flavoring liquids; I used white wine). After a few tries, I got it all properly trussed. Then I put chunks of potatoes to roast in the buttered pan below. I brushed it with butter, sprinkled with salt and pepper and set it to bake in the oven.
Posted by Picasa
Then I blanched a handful of brussels sprouts and when the chicken was about halfway through its designated cooking time, tossed them with the potatoes to finish cooking. As you can see, I got a chicken with a very evenly browned and crispy skin all over. It was moist and tender, both in dark and white meat.

I can see this is going to get lots of use at my house!

No comments: